Friday, March 14, 2008

Attitude Is The Difference

In order to achieve all your hopes and dreams and create the life that you want to enjoy you must possess a positive attitude, it will make all the difference in the world.

In 1988 I was sitting at a seminar listening to a speaker talk about the power of affirmations and how it had changed his life. He was a doctor who had been in practice for 15 years, I had heard a great deal about him, he had a one of the most successful practices in town. However, this was just one side of the story I was about to hear the whole truth.

The doctor spoke about his first five years in business, when no patients were coming in the door and he was struggling just to survive. He was close to bankruptcy when he learned about the power of affirmations and its positive effect on your outcome. I asked him how often he did these affirmations and he told me that he was repeating positive affirmations three times a day for the last 10 years.

I knew he was a pretty successful doctor, or at least what I thought was success at the time. I knew he had a big practice, a brand-new house and his new Porsche was parked right outside the hotel.

That night I went home to reflect on, all I had just heard. I was reading a book called Successful Achievement by Sydney N. Bremer Ph.D. He described the story of Dr. Orison Swett Marden the founder of Success Magazine http://www.successmagazine.com/. Right in the middle of the page I noticed a quote, little did I know that I would read this simple affirmation and write a blog about it 20 years later.

It said "Constant affirmation increases courage and courage is the backbone of confidence. Furthermore, when a person gets in a tight place and says ‘I must,’ ‘I can,’ ‘I will,’ he not only reinforces his courage and strengthens his confidence but also weakens the opposite qualities."

This simple affirmation is one of the most powerful techniques that you can use to help you to form a positive can-do attitude.

Say this affirmation three times a day for the next 30 days and watch your attitude soar!

Dr. Rick Goodman is a professional speaker and President of S.T.A.Consulting, Inc. He works with organizations that want to Develop Great Leaders “Through Excellence in Communication and Team Building”. For more information on Rick’s Keynote Presentations, Consulting Programs and Training programs contact (888) 267-6097 or Rick@drrickgoodman.com (http://www.drrickgoodman.com/)

No comments: